Thursday, October 9, 2008

Unique moi. . .ok, weird me


Remember the night before you started a new school year? That's me. If Only I Had Super Powers tagged me. Oh, the pressure. Considering how much I value and respect her blog and considering she's a speech-language pathologist like myself, I'm trying hard to wow and amaze her. . .I know, I know--just be myself. Here goes. . .

  1. I am a complete grammar and typing snob. I can not stand when people confuse "your" and "you're," etc. When you cheer, it's "yea" not "yeah." This stuff irritates me!

  2. I make lots of typing and grammar mistakes. Complete double-standard. I'm allowed. Cause I know the difference, that's why.

  3. I love what I do. I am horrible at making decisions, so I didn't. I work in a setting that allows me to see people of all ages in a variety of settings. I don't know how long it will last.

  4. My husband has no idea what a blog is. He has never seen nor read my blog. . .and doesn't want to.

  5. I love to sing, but I refuse to sing with witnesses. My aunt once told me to be quiet. She couldn't hear my cousin's singing for my "noise." I've never really sung in front of anyone since.

  6. I am an outdoorsy but clumsy girl. I love to ride horses and have ridden them all my life. I had fun skiing, but it's a wonder I didn't kill someone. I enjoy exercise, but I don't make time for it. I played basketball, softball, and ran track in school. We do take the occasional walk with the requisite pictures of the kids. If only I got the pics uploaded. . .

  7. I want to adopt. (Read number 4 and DON'T TELL hubby that I told you!!!) I don't know that we'll ever be able to. . .We have started sponsoring a child in Ethiopia through Compassion International. Perhaps this will fill some of my adoption/nurturing needs. . .

Enough about me. I'm choosing. . .

Amy because she's always fascinating me.

Domestic Accident because I crave her less stressful and more natural life.

Finding Him Bigger because I enjoy finding out how her corner of the globe is going.

The Kennett's Krazy Life because I envy her determination right now and love to find out more about the-girl-who-used-to-live-so-close-that-I-didn't-really-know.

Steph at Red Clay Diaries because she cracks me up, and I think we might be related. . .not on the crazy side of the family!

Okie River Momma because we're in similar boats, and how can you not want to know more about a blog with that name?

And a newbie to my blog. . .

Sara because I admire her strength and passion that I've seen thus far in our acquaintance.

Ok, just one more. . .

Lori because I want to know so much more about her.

GO FOR IT, LADIES!

7 comments:

CC said...

Fun list! Great to see some of our things in common. For example, here are things I copied directly from my 100 things about me:
89. I type very fast and make many typos
90. I apologize in advance for all the typos you will endure
91. I'm a snob about mis-spellings, punctuation errors, and grammar mistakes in other people's writing
92. Yes. That is hypocrisy.
93. I am a strong advocate and supporter of adoption
94. Every family should at least consider adoption or foster care
95. Your life will forever be changed. Hopefully with wonderful things if you proceed with caution and a lot of education.

Stephanie Wetzel said...

Rachel, Thanks for the tag! But what do you mean, "not the crazy side of the family"? I think I resent that.

And I'm a grammar geek too. But I make up my own rules sometimes. Like cheering? Needs to be spelled "yay." It just does.

Anonymous said...

Freaky. We're the same except for #6 which you already knew. I'm spooked.

I'll do this meme this weekend.

PS- I want to hear more about where you work.

Anonymous said...

Freaky. We're the same except for #6 which you already knew. I'm spooked.

I'll do this meme this weekend.

PS- I want to hear more about where you work.

Elizabeth said...

Hey, thanks for the tag. I will do it soon on my blog.

And, I haven't forgotten about the other one! I have just been swamped with, well, life. It's too busy this time of year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel, I'm going to have to work on this tomorrow. It's very late and I just finished watching the RED SOX win Game #1 of the series against the Tampa Bay Rays. We won 2-0. I am HUGE Red Sox fan.
Sincerely,
Lori

Shannon said...

I agree about the grammar thing. I've been meaning to tell you that you are doing a great job on keeping up with your blog! It looks like you have tons of viewers. Sometimes I feel like I never have any (besides my mom). I just use mine as a virtual scrapbook. Maybe I should make another one for just me. :)