Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Posted by Rachel@just another day in paradise at 12:20 PM
Posted by Rachel@just another day in paradise at 12:19 PM
Thursday, January 10, 2013
I might have missed a few hundred workouts over the holidays. Like every other chubby person out there, I jumped on the New Year's Resolution bandwagon. My mental play by play follows. Don't judge. Seriously. It's not nice.
- Let's do this.
- No, seriously, I can totally do this. I just need to buckle down and lose those pounds.
- Oh, look, a basketball game.
- Which way are we walking today?
- Ooh, there's people. Let's go this way.
- Music. I need music.
- I should come every day this week.
- Ooh, Facebook. I have a message.
- Music. Must have music.
- This is easy.
- Yep, start strong.
- I might have a salad tomorrow. This healthy stuff is easy.
- Why don't I do this more?
- Whoa. That guy walks funny.
- 2 points! Good job guys!
- I could never be a physical therapist! I can't get over how funny that guy walks!
- Why are all these old people walking so slow?!?
- How long have I been walking?
- My timer must be wrong.
- I like this song!
- What is up with that guy's hip?!?
- I think I run funny.
- I could come back tomorrow.
- If I run funny, how can I be so critical of someone else's gait?
- Supper. Hmm, I don't have a clue.
- Wow. This is harder than I remember.
- Defense, guys! Come on!!
- I think I know her.
- Maybe I should order a pizza.
- Nope. That's not her.
- Where did that little old lady come from?
- Dude. She's kicking my butt.
- I HATE this song.
- I can totally beat her.
- I'm sweating.
- My muscles hurt.
- Crap. Now we're walking beside each other.
- This is awkward. It looks like we're together.
- A pizza might be good.
- Yes, I got her. Can't beat me.
- When did I start breathing this hard?
- Tomorrow's no good.
- Pizza. Definitely pizza.
- Where'd the hip guy go?
- Is that me I can hear breathing.
- There's where I started.
- Yeah, the day after tomorrow is no good either.
- I didn't even know I had a muscle there.
- I made it.
- Crap. My keys are over there.
- Where's the car.
- How could I have gained weight in my legs?!? They feel like they weigh 100 pounds each.
- Almost. . .t h e r e. . .
- My gym membership has to expire eventually. . .
Posted by Rachel@just another day in paradise at 11:33 PM
For whatever reason, I can't stand when people use ( :
EVERYONE knows it should be : )
Posted by Rachel@just another day in paradise at 11:08 PM
Thursday, January 3, 2013
The truth is. . .I miss blogging. It allows me to express joy, frustration, mindless chatter in a way that is far cheaper than actual therapy. I've checked. : )
If you expect to find the answers to all of life's problems, you're probably in the wrong place. If you want to find out just how awesome my kids are or what random, insane thing my family is mixed up in now, stick around. I can wow and amaze on those terms.
So, it's going to take me some time to get the hang of this blogging thingy again. (Plus, I've found pinterest, which has significantly shortened my free time.)
I shall now leave you with the following truth. Honestly, I "borrowed" it from somewhere on the internet, but I don't remember where.
Posted by Rachel@just another day in paradise at 10:20 PM
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Like every other slacker around, I'm making the typical new year's resolution list. . .lose weight, blog more, yada, yada. So, if anyone's out there, I plan on sharing a little more of our crazy, wonderful life. (SO MANY CHANGES: new job, new house, summer vacations in Pennsylvania, New York, and Disneyland, a furry new member of the family, etc.) Sssooo, come on in, and stay awhile. Make yourself at home. Would you like a diet dr. pepper while you wait? : )
Posted by Rachel@just another day in paradise at 9:18 PM