My boss (AKA Boss Lady) grew up in an even smaller town than me. The county she's from has NO stop lights in it. None. Not even one. She pointed out this engagement announcement yesterday. . .
(Names and places have been hidden to protect privacy. I can assure you this is an ACTUAL engagement announcement in an ACTUAL paper in Arkansas.)
A*** F*** of Etown and R*** F*** of Ltown announce the engagement and approaching marriage of their daughter, H*** R*** F***, to C*** L*** Y***, son of S*** and D*** R*** of Ptown and L** Y*** of Pville. The ceremony is planned for 2 p.m. Saturday, July 18 (2009) at Fort D***. Family and friends are invited to attend the ceremony and the reception following and bring a covered dish.
Ok. Let's think about this. You might be a redneck if
- you request people bring their own food to the reception.
- you get married at the creek (FYI Boss Lady just confirmed that Fort D*** is a spot on the creek. It's where everyone swims on Piney Creek. I could not make that up.)
- your tattoos show in the engagement announcement.
- you have rebel flag tattoos.
- you are wearing scrubs in your engagement announcement.
- you wear a shirt that the sleeves have been ripped out.
- you wear a camouflage hat for said picture.
- you marry a man that does the above.
Now, help me show these people the love, ok? : )