Monday, August 3, 2009

swallow--don't gag! no, swallow, now!! revisited

Originally published Friday, August 8, 2008, and yes, I'm still late to everything!

Those of you who know me well know that I am NEVER on time. (Don't tell my dad! He's always 90 minutes early. "Better get there. Something could happen, you know?" "What, Dad? A nuclear holocaust? In that case, Dr. Ezell will have bigger things to do than work on your teeth!")

I am lucky that work allows me to be. . .um. . .flexible in my arrival and departure. Amazingly, I was running ahead of schedule this morning. (I know, makes you wonder about the state of the universe, huh?) Well, I called work this morning to ask if I should make the blessed Friday donut run. They were amazed that I was out and about that early. After assuring them I was who I said I was, and no, I didn't get cloned by aliens or stay out all night. . .(Really, what is their opinion of me??), I headed to the donut store. Turns out I would still be late to work. . .

Have you ever tried to talk a 7yo into swallowing a pill? (Kyler has an ear infection, and I have to say, he swallowed the pill with little difficulty last night.) After 30(!) minutes of cajoling, harassing, threatening, etc., I left him hysterical and me emotionally traumatized. (And we wasted 3 good antibiotic pills!) We have since befriended the pharmacist and gotten liquid medicine. Some things are not meant to happen! (Sorry, Dad!)

3 comments:

Wheelie said...

My wife has the same problem with tablets. I have to crush tablets between two spoons, and capsules I have to empty. I put it into orange juice, otherwise poor Bear looks like a fresh caught fish trying to swallow....

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

Debbie said...

Oh, some folks just really aren't meant to be on time. That's OK. We still love you:)