Wednesday, January 20, 2010

they are not most children

Most children have an imaginary friend. My daughter has an entire imaginary school, including 3 rotating teachers. Her teachers' names are Anna (pronounced "awna"), Anka, and Ona. Anna must be the lead teacher, because she frequently issues commands. Within the last week, Anna has issued two very important commands that Kady has relayed to us. The first was a directive for "PINK (Mommy, they MUST be pink!) ice-skates from Wal-Mart." We live in Arkansas. There are no ice skates within 100 miles. . .

The second directive came after Kyler announced that he MUST read the Star Wars book he checked out from the library. This book would give him all the points he needs to meet his reading goal, so he NEEDS to stay up until 9 or 10 EVERY night to read. . .

Without missing a beat, Kady said,

"My teacher, Ms. Anna, said I have to read the new Elmo book, so I have to stay up and read too!"

How long before they can totally and completely manipulate me? It's obviously VERY close. . .

*****************************
On a very different note, please continue to pray for those affected by the Haiti tragedy. If Only I had Super Powers directed me to a very touching blog written by a worker at an orphanage in Haiti that was killed during the earthquake last week. You can read about her work and experiences HERE.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Is her imaginary school some kind of Russian boarding school? Or do they just ship in Russian teachers?

Jenn said...

Faith had an imaginary family when she was the only girl bookended with two brothers on each side. She had a dad named Jack, a mom named Jackie,5 sisters, and they all lived in the North Pole.

But an entire school.... now THAT is impressive!!!

Debbie said...

I love this story of the imaginary school and teachers! How cute that is.
And yes, I am still praying for Haiti. They are going to need our support for a very long time.

CC said...

I love the school!!

I wish my son would stay up to read, even Star Wars. He loves to listen to books, and he's above grade level in reading, but he just doesn't like to read yet. :(

Veronica said...

Hi there! Just wanted to say thanks for stoppping by today!

This post was funny and totally reminds me of my oldest daughter. She's got two imaginary friends named Frinda and Chelsea. It's always one of their birthdays and my daughter is always "planning" one party or another, LOL!

I'll be sure to come back and visit you again!