Tuesday, October 7, 2008

wfmw: reading


Hi! I'm Rachel, and if this is your first time to my blog, WELCOME! I'm so glad you're here! (Please feel free to check the place out, including my other blog about strokes!)

I recently found out my son is having difficulty reading. I have been looking at/buying way too many books in an attempt to get him to read and enjoy reading. (Don't get me wrong--books never go to waste at our house!!)

I ran across this book at a book sale. It is a children's book by Jeff Foxworthy, in titled Dirt on my Shirt, it contains lots of poems that will keep kids reading and ENJOYING poetry. WOW! That exceeds my hopes and definitely works for me! To see what works for others, go here, and thanks for stopping by!!

(I recently learned how to use the hyperlink--can you tell?) : )

Rachel

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
I see that you learned to use the hyperlink! I wanted you to know that I ordered My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey and I should have it soon! Hopefully in time for the Discussion.
I have some questions:
Does your son need glasses?
How old is he?
Is he maybe dyslexic?
I hope I'm not being too Nosey! Your friend Lori

April said...

my son likes Shel Silverstein. He had one of the books in his class and is plowing through them all(he even bought one with his allowance)

Jerralea said...

Sounds like a great book. Hope he enjoys it.

I think it's great to encourage reading! When my girls were small, we read together before bedtime every night. I miss those days ...

Svr said...

Glad you found something he will like. Just be diligent and fun with reading!

Nikki said...

Jack Prelutsky is another great poet for kids. He was named the first Children's Poet Laureate. His poetry is very engaging for boys and girls. Go to www.jackprelutsky.com to see more. Have fun!

Sticky said...

Hi Rachel,
Nice to meet you! I found your link at Domestic Accident and I already know I like you - we have so much in common! You tickled my funnybones! I'll keep reading...